The Adventure of the Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Announcements!
"The Adventure Of The Blue Box" has shut its doors here and moved to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made Blue Box amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
Allonsy Alonso!Four Beats To Madness

Sites We <3

Skip The RewindTime, Space, & ChipsDevil on your ShoulderKeep the Magic SecretSotF

Here To Help // Greg

2 posters

Go down

Here To Help // Greg Empty Here To Help // Greg

Post by Vasilisa Tchaikovsky Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Sad as it was, Vasilisa couldn't actually remember the last time she had seen Greg. She thought of him lots as she worked, creating one funeral arrangement after the other (the death and funeral rate really seemed to be rising, as of late), since those events always made her think of him and his line of work, but it had been quite some time when she'd actually visited him.

Not that she had much time to see him. Her life currently consisted of work and over-time, playing for the sick and the dying at the hospital as a volunteer, and sleep. So it really wasn't much of a wonder that she hadn't been round at Scotland Yard for some time. When she had visited though, Greg's behaviour threw her off, leaving her very much confused. Maybe her mind had been playing tricks, but the detective certainly didn't seem himself. To her he appeared more withdrawn, moody and even snappy. She noticed that he tried hard to conceal it, but it didn't really work. So the brunette had stopped visiting. His new personality very much confused her and she didn't like it.

But finally after many days and much thinking, the woman could no longer ignore the fact that something was very wrong with her dear friend and that she really should try and do something. Scooping up her phone off the kitchen counter, Vasilisa dialled a familiar number. She couldn't help but frown when it went to voicemail. She wondered for a second whether he was avoiding the world, or whether the reason was much more mundane, like him being at a press-conference or something similar. As the voicemail Greg finished talking and the beep went, Vasilisa bit her lip. "Hey Greg, it's Vasilisa. I won't ask you how you are because I know something's been bothering you, but you're bottling it up. I just wanted to say that if you wanted someone to talk to, or just someone to listen, you know where to find me. I've even got wine and croissants. So...call me back!"

She hung up and sighed, running a hand through her hair. She wasn't sure if he'd call back, but at least she had tried. It was troubling her that something was hurting him and she didn't know what it was or how she could help. He was her friend, and she cared for him deeply. It saddened her that she couldn't do something, simply because she knew not the reason behind his anger and frustration. Another sigh left her lips as she wandered over to the couch and picked up her old violin and began to play.
Vasilisa Tchaikovsky
Vasilisa Tchaikovsky
Police Constable
Police Constable

£ : 10022

Back to top Go down

Here To Help // Greg Empty Re: Here To Help // Greg

Post by Greg Lestrade Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Greg was asleep at his office, during normal working hours, this was something that the old Lestrade would have never thought of doing; This was something that he in the past would have hated, but now, Lestrade no longer cared anymore, all he thought of his job was another days pay, with the added benefit of putting away crime. Lestrade used to be a respected upholder of the law, but no more of that, he was now the laughing stock of the entire Scotland Yard, the only people whom still stayed loyal to him in the Yard were those whom worked under him, that was quite ironic.

During his sleep, Lestrade felt motion on him, even though he now hated his job, he was still quite attentive, therefor he woke up quite quickly to try and respond to the motion and sound. He searched his pockets for his phone, he knew someone was calling him, but he did not know where he kept his phone, Greg's mind was still groggy from waking up. Greg failed to find the phone before the ringing stopped. Greg then stood up, trying to find where he left his phone.

Looking around his office, Greg saw his phone on the ground, it must have fallen out of his pocket when he woke up and tried to find it. Picking it up, Greg gave it a quick check to see if it was damaged, after that he opened up his phone to see who called him, it was Vasilisa, it's been quite a while since he last saw her. Even Greg knew he had become distant to almost everyone around him, he knew that was not a good sign. Greg opened up the voice mail and listened to it after that, he sent a text to Vasilisa, "Yeah, something has been bothering me, and I would love to meet up with you, just give me a time to arrive, I also apologize for not answering the phone, I am currently unable to answer it." The last part was a lie, Vasilisa did not need to know how much of a problem his life has become, the last time they met, his job was once his life, but now, it was just something he could not wait to get over with.
Greg Lestrade
Greg Lestrade
Probie
Probie

£ : 9455

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasilisa Tchaikovsky Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Closing her eyes as she played an all too familiar piece, Vasilisa began to relax a tiny bit as the bow glided across the strings and filled the apartment with the melody. Her mind wandered as she played, the notes so familiar to her that sheet music was unnecessary. Finally after a minute, Vasilisa broke off mid-piece, sighing; not even her favourite piece could relax and calm her properly. Running a hand through her hair, she bit her lip, wondering what to do. She needed some way to kill the time before Greg arrived and she was too restless for anything but playing. Finally, she pulled out her music folder and flipped to a certain piece. It was a new one that she wanted to master by her next volunteer shift and she needed lots of practice still; it was infinitely harder than what she'd played before. But it would be worth it, just to see the wonder and appreciation on the patients' faces.

The woman had been in the middle of a particularly difficult part of the new piece when suddenly she heard her phone go off, vibrating like an angry bee to alert her to a text message. She almost didn't check her phone, not wanting to stop playing just as she was managing to master a tough bit, but thinking that it might be Greg and curiosity finally winning over, she placed her beloved instrument on the couch and took up her phone. She couldn't help but smile when she saw that her guess about who it was was correct.

'Understandable, since London isn't exactly quiet right now. Arrive whenever you wish to. I am home all day. If you forget the apartment number, just follow the sounds of the music and I'm sure you'll find me eventually. I have a new piece that I want to master before my next hospital shift.' Tossing the phone back onto the couch after making sure the text had sent, she picked her Belochka up again and began to play, waiting for Greg to arrive. She was really looking forward to seeing him; it had been much too long and she wanted to give him a hug. Probably wouldn't help him much but she wanted to anyway.

~
Dance of Prince Orgeat and the Sugar Plum Fairy is what she was originally playing. Ernst's Grand Caprice on Schubert's Der Erlkönig, Op. 26 is the song she's practising.
Vasilisa Tchaikovsky
Vasilisa Tchaikovsky
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Lestrade Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Greg saw the reply that he received from Vasilisa, he then quickly texted back, I will be over there in about a hour then if you don't mind, Greg then putted back his phone. Lestrade looked around his office and decided that he would just head out earlier today, it was not like he would be doing anything important today, and his team had his number, thus if needed they could always call him. Greg start organizing his things and packing up everything required, at the same time he looked at the clock.

It took about twenty minutes for him to finish packing up everything he needed to bring out of the office. Greg picked up his briefcase and headed out of his office. Greg informed his team that he would be going out of the office for personal reasons and that if needed they should call him. Greg then left the Scotland Yard's office and headed to his car, starting up the engine and beginning his drive over to Vasilisa's place.

Greg drove over to Vasilisa's apartment complex, and parked his car. He then picked up his briefcase once more and started to walk into the building. He walked toward Vasilisa's place and once he was at it's door, Greg rang the bell and waited for Vasilisa to open up the door.
Greg Lestrade
Greg Lestrade
Probie
Probie

£ : 9455

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasilisa Tchaikovsky Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 am

Greg's next text came just as the female was in the middle of yet another complicated piece. Biting her lip in concentration, her blue eyes darted over the sheet of music as she tried to replicate the notes that were written upon it. As her phone buzzed to alert her of the new text, her concentration faltered and the latest note sounded with a screech. Vasilisa wrinkled her nose in frustration, the emotion coming more from the complexity of the piece than the fact she had a text. Reading through Greg's latest text, she smiled. He was so polite, even through text. 'Absolutely no rush. Arrive when you can :)'

Having sent the reply, she tossed the phone back on the couch and wandered aimlessly around the apartment, straightening things as she wondered how to kill the next hour or so. She decided against practising any more today, but she needed to do something. Finally she decided that a spot of baking was in order. Croissants were all well and good, but nothing could compete with something freshly baked. Especially if said something was sweet; Vasilisa's sweet tooth was almost insatiable these days. And so, pulling out an ancient notebook that used to belong to her housekeeper and was now hers, the brunette set about making a honey cake. Soon the aroma of freshly baked cake filled the apartment and all that was left was the icing and decorating. The most fun part.

She had just placed the last blackberry down in the caramel icing when the bell rang. "Comin'!" she called out, grabbing a tissue to get the blackberry juice off her fingers. Smoothing down her dress, Vasilisa skipped over to the door and stood on her tiptoes to look out the peep-hole to see who it was. Seeing Greg waiting there, she grinned and opened the door, sticking her head out. "Hello Inspector. It's been much too long. And here I was, afraid that you had turned into a Missing Person and I'd have to go down to Scotland Yard and put in an enquiry," she teased, grinning playfully as she pushed the door open wider so he could come in. "Just in time for honey-caramel cake and tea. Or would you prefer something a bit stronger?" she asked with a slight raise of her eyebrow, cocking her head to the side as she looked at him.
Vasilisa Tchaikovsky
Vasilisa Tchaikovsky
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down