The Adventure of the Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Announcements!
"The Adventure Of The Blue Box" has shut its doors here and moved to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made Blue Box amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
Allonsy Alonso!Four Beats To Madness

Sites We <3

Skip The RewindTime, Space, & ChipsDevil on your ShoulderKeep the Magic SecretSotF

The Master

3 posters

Go down

The Master Empty The Master

Post by The Master Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:07 pm

The Master
The Master JSMaster1_zps18a11bbf
Nickname/s: Also known as Koschei, "Kos", Koschei the Undying, the Accuser, the Morning Star, Colonel Masters, Reverend Magister, Professor Thascalos, Estro, Dr. Emil Keller, Martin Jurgens, Gospodar, Melkur, the Portreeve, Kalid, Sir Gilles Estram, Professor Yana, Harold Saxon, and so on and so forth.
Age/DOB: Well into his twelfth century, at least.  But it's hard to say with any certainty, given how many times he's faked his own death, actually died, returned from the dead, and swapped bodies. His own private rule is to not count the downtime.
Marital Status: Recently made a widower
Sexuality: Omnisexual, but frequently indifferent to the petty trivialities of the flesh.
Face Claim: John Simm
Doctor Who
Current Residence: Mobile
Species: Gallifreyan Time Lord.

One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Personality: Manipulative. Cynical. Narcissistic and self-serving. Everything else is subject to change.

The Master is a psychopath, pure and simple.  Concepts like "right and wrong" and "good and evil" are, at best, intellectual exercises.  He can grasp the idea, but it is as foreign to him as the concept of red or green is to a man born blind.  He can be friendly, charming, affectionate, even loving.  The emotions are real.  But he can discard them at a moment's notice, for the sake of achieving his goals.  He doesn't understand why others cannot do the same, but he is perfectly willing to make use of his advantages in this matter.

The psychosis of "Harold Saxon" is a thing of the past, however.  The thunder of the Drums of Rassilon have been silenced, save for the echoes, and he can concentrate for the first time in centuries. He is much more the Master that befriended the young Doctor in their childhood, and the Master that plagued the Doctor throughout his Third incarnation. He plots. He plans. He dreams big, and achieves. He kills without remorse, but without pleasure as well, the way most people would swat a fly.

History:

"It began on Gallifrey, as children. Not that you'd call it childhood; more a life of duty. Eight years old, I was taken for initiation, to stare into the heart of the Untempered Schism. There, in the dark, I looked into Time. And I heard it, calling to me...Drums. The never-ending drums..."

The man who would one day shake the heavens as the Master was Loomed as a Cousin of the House of Lungbarrow. He was born to a life of duty, groomed to bring honor to House and Family.  Much of the early history of Koschei - his Looming name - was lost to the records of the Time Lords even before Gallifrey was lost to time. It is known that he was one of the "Deca Group", ten rebellious students in the Prydonian academy that eventually went on to be the most notorious criminals in the annals of the Time Lords.

It is believed that he was one of the prime forces behind an attempted coup against the High Council, one that would have succeeded had not the Doctor warned the Lord President.  It is also believed that he was once a well-trusted member of the Gallifreyan Celestial Intervention Agency, until the deceptions of the Time Lords broke his hearts and shattered what little trust he once had in others.

After fleeing Gallifrey - he was under sentence of discorporation, should he be taken by the Chancellary Guard - he roamed time and space with an eye towards amassing power, prestige, and wealth. Enough to return to Gallifrey at the head of a conquering army, execute the High Council, and to rule.

He was around 500 when he reencountered the Doctor on a nameless backwater in Mutter's Spiral. The inhabitants were primitive enough to call it "Dirt" or "Mud" or "Earth" or some such. The reunion did not go well. For centuries the Doctor and the Master waged war across the Spiral Politic, the Doctor always coming out on top.

Fallout from various schemes caused the Master to burn through his regeneration cycle at a tremendous rate. Within a century of his "reunion" with the Doctor he was on his final life, a whithered, blackened husk, clinging to life through sheer hatred and force of will. Again his plans, this time to use the Eye of Harmony to restart his regenerative cycle, were thwarted by the Doctor.

At the end of his life, trapped in a body that was literally rotting around him, he discovered a secret of immortality. He transferred his consciousness to that of the Keeper of Traken, consuming the man's soul and wearing his hollowed-out body like a glove.

His plans for universal domination and the conquest of Gallifrey, his private war with the Doctor, continued apace. Fueled by the drums, the ever present thunder of the drums, grown louder and louder since his death. Worlds burned. Galactic empires were destabilized.

It was the Daleks, ultimately, that ran him to ground. Defiant to the seeming end, he laughed madly as they sentenced him to extermination, swearing that even death would not stop him.

It almost didn't. Even slain by the Daleks, the most efficient executioners in the Spiral Politic, he managed to return from the grave and nearly take possession of the Doctor. His consciousness was lost to the copy of the Eye of Harmony within the TARDIS of his ancient friend/enemy.

The Master was, it seemed, dead. Forever.

And then came the Last Great Time War. The High Council caught his essence out of the last picoseconds of his life, Loomed him a new body, and put him to the use they had always intended for the Deca. He was a weapon.

The drums. The ever-present drums.

He was a weapon of sheer terror. He burned worlds, murdered planetary civilizations, turned ally against ally in an orgy of blood and slaughter. He crafted the Skaro Degredations, suggested the regen-inf soldiers to the Rani, and embraced the terror of the Could've-been King.

It wasn't enough. The Daleks, implacable, merciless, not knowning fear, finally shattered the transduction barrier and fell upon the Citadel. Still he fought. He fought as they raged their way through the Shining City. But when the Dalek Emperor seized the Cruciform, he could fight no longer.

Gallifrey had fallen. The only hope now was flight.

And he ran. He ran farther and harder than he ever had before. And when he could run no further, when his TARDIS sat on the shores of the Silver Desolation, he hid within the Chameleon Arch. And Professor Yana was born.

The Professor was everything the Master was not, and - quite possibly - everything he had ever secretly wanted to be. A hero. A champion. A noble figure, struggling against the ever-encroaching darkness of the Final Night. Moses, leading the last struggling remnants of humanity to the great final fortress: Utopia. Without Professor Yana, they would have given up. Without him, they would have passed quietly into the Long Dark, forever.

And then the Doctor found him again. And he remembered his fob watch. And the Master, the mad monster of the Last Great Time War, was reborn. The drums thundered and roared.

The reborn Master, drawing on the resources of the Doctor's TARDIS, forged the dying, hopeless remnants of humanity in Utopia into the murderous Toclafane. He made himself Prime Minister of England on a whim, then unleashed his creations on the Earth. The planet ravaged and conquered, he prepared to transform it into an arsenal to conquer first the Sontarans and the Rutan Host, and then the galaxy, and then the universe itself.

He failed. He saw his work unmade. He died, again.  But he had died often enough that he had planned for this eventuality.

Disciples of Harold Saxon used an ancient Gallifreyan alchemical technique to twist a biodata sample and restore the Master to life. His rebirth was troubled and his restored body unstable, requiring constant intake of calories to maintain bodily functionss.  This Master fell into the hands of the British government, used the Immortality Gate to transform the entire human population of Earth into "the Master race", and nearly brought Gallifrey out of the Singularity containing the Time War.

He also drove Gallifrey back into the Singularity.  Not out of love or friendship for the Doctor, or out of concern for the fate of the Earth or the Universe.  Out of hate.  Hate for the Time Lords, and the desire for revenge.

All time is one time, inside the Singularity Cage of the Time War.  And the Master was able to use that endless, eternal prison to his advantage.  Brutally murdering Lord President Rassilon, he seized the regalia of the office of the Lord President.  With these, he was able to tap the power of the Eye of Harmony, stabilizing his new body.

It is said that nothing sane could navigate the Labyrinth of Madness that forms the outermost defenses of the Singularity Cage of the Time War.

It has never been said that the Master is truly sane.  And the prison has yet to be built that could contain him.  The escape required centuries of subjective time.  He and his TARDIS traced and retraced their steps, battling despair and madness and death at every turn.  

But now he treads the paths of the Spiral Politic once more, a creature without conscience or remorse.  But he also lacks motivation.  For the first time since his Initiation, he look at the world without his own private rhythm thundering in his mind, driving him to walk a road of blood and conquest.

But he is the Master, still.

Tremble, peoples of the universe.

Alias: Koschei
Means of Contact/s: Email, elliemurray961@gmail.com
Other Characters: None
Member that referred you/How you found us: White Crow
The Master
The Master
Police Constable
Police Constable

£ : 12719

Back to top Go down

The Master Empty Re: The Master

Post by John Watson Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:32 pm

OOC:
Alright, you are all set dear,of course.

If you need anything else, or have any questions let one of us staff know.

<><><>

IC:
Who are you? You are not another one of them Time Lords are ya?
John Watson
John Watson
Police Constable
Police Constable

£ : 11003

Back to top Go down

Post by The Master Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:37 pm

OOC: Thank you.

IC: "My dear sir... I am utterly unlike any other Time Lord you may have met."
The Master
The Master
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by John Watson Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:53 pm

OOC: You're welcome dear. :3

IC: "My name is Dr.Watson. Just how different are you from other Time Lords?"
John Watson
John Watson
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pariah Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 am

"...Oh no..."

OOC: I'm excited to RP with you! x3
The Pariah
The Pariah
Inspector
Inspector

£ : 8949

http://hylianhippie.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am

Hmm, a new person. How interesting. And the reactions, how funny.

-ooc
I want to do a topic so badly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Master Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:47 pm

IC:

"How am I different, Doctor Watson? That, incidentally, is an unfortunate title to bear. But I shan't hold it against you.

"I am different, my dear Doctor, because I am the only Time Lord who will speak the truth."
The Master
The Master
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by John Watson Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:27 pm

IC: ... How is my title an unfortunate one to bear? The only one who speaks the truth? That one will have to be proven I'm afraid.
John Watson
John Watson
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum