The Adventure of the Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Announcements!
"The Adventure Of The Blue Box" has shut its doors here and moved to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made Blue Box amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
Allonsy Alonso!Four Beats To Madness

Sites We <3

Skip The RewindTime, Space, & ChipsDevil on your ShoulderKeep the Magic SecretSotF

A Trillion Year Old Immune System // Richard Holmes

Go down

A Trillion Year Old Immune System // Richard Holmes Empty A Trillion Year Old Immune System // Richard Holmes

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Winter felt terrible, her limps hung off of her like dead weights and it was so very hard to move them. Not that she was unable, she just couldn't get herself to do it. Like it was to tiring, because it was. So very exhausting. Winter sat on a bench in the library, no one was around, the library was close to closing time. The lamps barely lit up the desks neatly organised between the book shelves simply loaded with books. Books that told the history of pompous mortals, books of strange mortal's fantasies, even books of how the world ticked even if it was incorrect.

The bench should have been uncomfortable, but in fact to Winter the cheap wood and lumpy cusions were quite comforting. Her heart beat felt slow, and she felt far to hot. Clumsily Winter tore off her boots, throwing them across the room. Soon after, her bracers landed beside them. Next to them a pile started to form, her hood, leg ties, mouth coverings, the white cover with Tasaria's Eye, even the corsete. Winter groaned, and laid down on the bench in her last layers. She had her blue long sleeves, with the black uneven stitches. The shirt had no cleavage to speak of, the pants had patches of black mixed with the blue.

Winter looked over as someone approached her. She didn't care that they saw her FutureKind teeth when she spoke, she didn't care who it was.

"Go away." Winter growled, not looking up she covered her eyes with her arm. She still felt so hot!

Last edited by Winter Mills on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

A Trillion Year Old Immune System // Richard Holmes Empty Re: A Trillion Year Old Immune System // Richard Holmes

Post by Richard Holmes Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Richard was sitting in the library, reading books about the history of the world, he had a lot of time that he needed to get informed about. Looking at his watch, Richard noticed that it was almost closing time, a pity, Richard had only managed to finish getting caught up on the years shortly after the end of the Second World War. Richard then stood up and placed the books back to we're they belonged, after that he started to walk out of the library.

Richard then heard noises of things being thrown nearby, thus he decided to investigate what was happening. After a few moments, Richard found where the noise was coming from and slowly walked toward it. He then saw a female sitting on a bench, and pieces of clothing on the other side, part of Richard told him to just ignore it and leave, but the other part of him told him that he needed to make sure the female was okay.

As Richard approached the female, he heard her telling him to go away, well not the best first impressions, but he also knew that something was wrong. Richard continued to approach Winter and said "Pardon me but you don't seem all that well."
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

£ : 8242

Back to top Go down

A Trillion Year Old Immune System // Richard Holmes Empty Re: A Trillion Year Old Immune System // Richard Holmes

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 pm

" 'Tis this planet" Winter growled, she wasn't sick any other way, she didn't have a stuffed nose, or a sore throat, or even a cough. Solely because her body didn't know what in the world to do with the infection.

"This planet, and all of its diseases." Winter groaned, taking a short pause because she was out of breath by simply speaking.

"I had a device, it repelled the viruses of this world. I think it broke when I fell off the building and hit the ledge." Winter explained, feeling a flash back of running from the sirens of this world and falling from a roof. She had landed on a ledge quite hard, perhaps that was when it broke. Winter looked over, at the person. Still feeling sick, and tired. And on top of that, far to hot! So she decided to try to spook him off.

"I am an alien, called a FutureKind. I eat people, especially noisy children" Winter bared her teeth at him, they were pointed and sharp and obviously not human.

"Rawr" Winter roared, though it came out quite feeble and sick. Laying back down slowly, Winter closed her eyes fully expecting him to be gone by the time they opened again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Holmes Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:23 am

Richard listened to what the female was saying to him, he then said "Well after what I've been through, aliens are not much of a surprise." Richard continued to approach the woman and  said "If you are ill, you best find a doctor."  at the same time he readied himself, in case the female decided to attack him.

Once Richard heard the female say rawr, he could not help give a chuckle and said, "If you do intend to eat me, well you  have to be a tad bit more intimidating, a rawr just won't do the trick."  Once Richard was near the female, he examined her and said "Please describe the symptoms that you are experiencing."  Maybe the illness was something of the common variety, if so, RIchard may be able to give som  me advice on how to deal with it.
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 am

Winter opened one eye, seeing that he had come closer. Much like a weeping angel, Winter thought sarcastically.

"I tell you to go away, so you come closer." Winter mumbled groaning she stretched out, she was now laying along the bench with an arm hanging off the edge, and the other over the back of the bench. She lay splayed out, one of her feet hung off of the bottom arm of the bench, and the other hung off the edge.

"Oh, yes." Winter mocked. "Come closer, I warned you that I bite, so you come closer. You must wish to be bitten. How is this for intimidating" Winter bared her teeth in a hiss, narrowing her eyes, she rose up like a snake about to strike.

" 'Tis simply a human virus," Winter explained laying back down slowly, she was so very tired. "I am not from this world, I have no immune system to even the most common of diseases you humans are so infested with." Winter widened her eyes to normal once again, becoming less hostile in a heart beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Holmes Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:22 pm

"Well you clearly do not need any help at all." Richard said with sarcasm dripping in his voice, even though he was being sarcastic, he knew he need to this person out even if they do not want his help, since if he just left, what sort of person would he be?

As Richard approached the female, he said in a commanding tone, "If you do not wish to see a doctor, describe the symptoms that you are experiencing, because if lack a human immune system, you may have contracted one of the more common illness."  Richard then closely kept his eyes on the woman incase she decided to attack him.

Richard had to be careful, if the person was ill, perhaps the brain was also being affected by whatever illness she contracted, thus she may act irrationally toward him, even though all he is attempting to do is to help the person out.
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 pm

"If you do not wish to see a doctor, describe the symptoms that you are experiencing, because if lack a human immune system, you may have contracted one of the more common illness." He commanded. Winter looked up at him, he was by far rather closer. Obviously thinking she wasn't a danger. Winter narrowed her eyes at him, his tone was one to be obeyed, he was someone to be respected. His face swam into one she knew well, one she respected and one she would answer to. Yana.

"Fever." Winter closed her eyes, putting a hand to her own forehead. "Mild delusions, and a hallucination." Winter described. The fever was from the hot and cold flashes. The delusions, were from believing a human to be worthy of respect. And the hallucination, well. He didn't talk like Yana, therefore... It was a hallucination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Holmes Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

"Okay a fever, that is quite common, and medication for it would be easily obtained." Richard stated as he looked around and took note, he then said in a commanding tone "You best pick up your stuff, I will then go to the drug store to buy some medication, and you will wait for me to return at the door of the library if it closes before I return." Richard then turned around and started to head out, before he exited the place he informed the librarian of the woman and told her to keep a eye until he could return with medication, well there goes tonight dinner.

Richard exited the library and started to head to the drug store, trying to remember what sort of medication would be needed, well at least he was trying to help, if the woman left before he returned with the medications there was nothing that he would be able to do, thus it was no longer his problem. Richard also knew that if he could not remember what sort of medications to buy he could always ask the pharmacist.
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Winter reached out, catching the back of the bench with on of her hands and pulled herself upright. It was hard, and her muscles didn't want to obey her on any account, but she forced herself. Now sitting up, Winter lifted up her scraps of clothing. Deciding that it would be easier to wear them, despite being hot then to carry them when she could barely stand. Winter layered herself up, already she felt so much hotter and more compressed.

Her temperature went higher, she felt it. But wasn't the way to fix a fever by 'sweating' it out? Or at least, that was human problem. Not a FutureKind one. And so, she had no clue on what to do. Winter a groan she forced herself to stand, and stumbled out of the building. As soon as she was outside, with all the lights and the to loud noises. Winter collapsed onto a bench, leaning against the back of the bench with an exasperated sigh. And Winter, the woman from the end of time itself... Stayed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Holmes Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Richard finished buying medication for a fever, after that he turned around and started to head back to the library. He was running on the return trip, since he had the feeling that the woman was not going to stay around, thus if he managed to get back quick enough, he may still be able to help, and the money he just used would not have been wasted.

Once he returned, he saw the woman outside of the Library and thought, bloody fool, got a fever, when someone tries helping, what you do run away, yeah that's bloody brilliance right there. Richard then approached the woman and said in a tone that indicated he was annoyed "Which part of my instructions were not clear enough, if you could not understand, you should have said something." Richard then took out the medication and handed it to the woman, he then spoke again "Read the instructions, if you need help inform me." Richard was annoyed that his orders were not followed, he was a officer in the military and was used for people to listen to orders if they made proper sense.
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:54 am

"You are an idiot. I followed your directions far better then you should have hoped." Winter glared angrily quoting him to the word.
""You best pick up your stuff, I will then go to the drug store to buy some medication, and you will wait for me to return at the door of the library if it closes before I return." Winter mocked, tying her mouth coverings into place. He didn't get to be annoyed, he didn't get to order her about.

"Library closed before you returned, and so." Winter pointed towards the library doors beside her.
"I am outside of the door. As asked." Winter hissed, a annoyed Winter was common. A pissed off Winter? That was something to fear. Winter took the medication, turning it over and over in her hand. Winter could not read, she had never been taught. But, well.. She didn't like his personality, and he didn't like hers either. She could tell, yes... He was a challenge, and Winter was one to enjoy a good challenge. This one though, was just plain annoying!

"Yep, got it. Shoo." Winter waved a hand to him, shooing him like he was a pigeon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Holmes Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:15 pm

"Far better than I should have hoped, well do forgive me for assuming that you would act like a normal and sensible person, by waiting for me." Richard said as he looked at Winter with a look that showed he was not amused. Richard then replied "You clearly did not wait until the library closed to come out." in response to Winter's statement. Richard then looked at Winter and waited for her to take the medication,e saw her turning the bottle around, thus he said "Just take the bloody medication already, and read the bloody instruction, lest you take the medication the wrong way and get killed." Richard was annoyed and if the woman got killed from taking the medication a wrong way, it served her bloody right.
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 pm

"Sensible people are rather boring." Winter laughed, turning the bottle in her hand. It was rare someone confronted her about not being able to read. She had a thousand little tricks to make it seem as though she could read. If he was already this annoyed with her as is, she knew his head would simply explode when she told him. How she looked forward to that!

"I am not from this time, or planet. Your human runes do not mean anything to me." Winter opened the top of the medicine, pouring a handful into her hand. Her fingers were taped over spots on her fingers, and a total of 10 or so pills fell into her hand.

"I doubt this will even work on an alien such as myself." Winter remarked, handing him back the medicine bottle. Tossing her head back, she popped all the pills into her mouth in one motion. She wasn't to know that it was to much medication.. It wasn't her planet, it wasn't her language.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Holmes Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Richard listened to what the woman was saying, and he was furious. He found this woman's attitude to be highly aggravating, and when she said human runes, Richard was simply furious, runes! That to Richard's intellect was a serious insult, Richard then felt the urge to shout at the woman, but he started to breath slowly and wait to see what the woman would do.

Seeing the woman swallow all the pills at once, Richard could handle no more of this woman, he said in a tone which indicated he was furious, "Are you bloody muppet? First you claim the English language is runes and then you start swallowing all the pills at once, are you a drug addicted yank!"
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Winter's eyes grew cold and detached. Sliding into slits, and her mouth coverings fell down to show her razor sharp and pointed teeth. Winter bared them in a growl, standing up and pulling out her sword. Black runes were writted down it's blade, and blood tipped the weapon.

"What would you know, human?" The woman laughed, throwing her head back but kept her cold and detached look.

"Life is so very simple for you. How I envy you!" Winter advanced upon him, flipping her sword in her hand.

"Every day is the same as the last, and the one before." Winter took another step, coming into closer battle range.

"You have never been lost, or thrown in a time you do not belong! What do you know?!" Winter shouted at him, her teeth were for ripping and tearing. Her eyes were the ones of a killer, and her sword was in an experianced hand. What would the little human know about being lost, about anything?!

Winter's eyes changed from slits to wide as a human's and she collapsed. Blood trickled out of her mouth and Winter simply lay there for a minute... Just a minute, it wouldn't hurt anyone. She'd get up and beat his ass in a minute. Winter coughed, more blood tricking.

"Do not look at me as though I am weak! Do not look at me as though you care!" Winter gasped, she could fix herself. And she hated the idea of him looking at her in distain or pity. Her sword came to a clattering fall beside her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Holmes Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Hearing the woman's speech, Richard gave a cold stare to the woman the entire time, until she stated about how hard it was not being in your own time. Richard could not help but to give a bitter chuckle, a chuckle at how wrong she currently was. He had a good idea on what she said, and at the same time, he readied his fist, and started to plan on how to defend himself if the woman did indeed attack him. He then said "I actually have a pretty good idea on what you just said." So this woman was not from this time, well this is interesting.

Richard saw the woman collapse and thought for a moment that she deserved it for being a bloody fool. He also knew that he could not just leave her there, thus he shouted for someone to call for a ambulance. This woman was definitely quite troublesome, you and your goddamn sense of duty, you had to try and help this woman out.
Richard Holmes
Richard Holmes
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Winter smiled fondly from the ground, looking at Richard and was reminded of herself at a younger age.

"I remember when I acted just like you." Winter wiped her lip, the blood running down it again.

"Bet I thought just like you, too"

"The trick is, to remember there are more then 2 emotions. Anger, and Hatred are not the only things the world has to offer. Love, Regret, Sadness, Joy, you will do well to remember such." Winter chided, wiping her lip once again. To no avail, as it only smeared the red onto her hand.

"Then again, just plain giving a damn would be a welcome step in the correct direction." Winter's hand shook as she pushed them beneath her. Forcing herself up with a grimace.

"No," Winter shook a hand at him. "I cannot go to a hospital, being dissected would simply waste my time." Winter groaned, pushing herself all the way up, and forcing her feet beneath her.

"The way you speak... Your eyes.." Winter looked to him, she knew she was missing something.
"I know that expression..." Winter wiped her lip once again, holding back a cough that would rattle her bones.

"You do not belong in this time either." Winter smiled a tad bit, to know that she wasn't the only one that time had forgotten was a small comfort.. But still a comfort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down