The Adventure of the Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Announcements!
"The Adventure Of The Blue Box" has shut its doors here and moved to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made Blue Box amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
Allonsy Alonso!Four Beats To Madness

Sites We <3

Skip The RewindTime, Space, & ChipsDevil on your ShoulderKeep the Magic SecretSotF

Blank // Queen Of Hearts

Go down

Blank // Queen Of Hearts Empty Blank // Queen Of Hearts

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:07 am

Morth walked down the street, it wasn't crowded. In fact it was quite deserted, not a soul in sight. She grinned and looked around, the sky was clear and to Morth it was a picture of beauty. The sun peeked out from behind the occasional whispy cloud that wandered into it's rays. The ground felt hard, and her barefeet were hot from touching the sidewalk.

"OuchOuchOuchOuchOuch!" She shouted with a laugh, she ran down the street watching the sun move behind a cloud as she ran. Her eyes were on the beautiful sky, instead of down the side walk. With a startled shout she bumped into someone. She landed on the ground, tangled in her own legs. Looking up with a childish grin Morth waved.

"Sorry 'bout that, I was a little distracted. Have you seen the sky today?!" she asked, getting a little to excited. Laying down on the sidewalk, she looked up at the sky with a smile.

"I've never seen it so blue."

Back to top Go down

Blank // Queen Of Hearts Empty Re: Blank // Queen Of Hearts

Post by The Queen of Hearts Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:32 am

Having finished visiting Owen over at Torchwood, the Queen of Hearts was wandering the streets of Cardiff, trying to come up with an activity to amuse herself with until the good doctor finished up work. It had been a while since they'd seen each other and so dinner was in order. Dinner and...well, the usual sort of fun that the Queen got up to when she was with Owen. After their time apart, the raven-haired beauty was looking forward to it.

Cardiff, she came to the conclusion, is rather pretty. Earth in general was a rather pretty planet, though Moxxi had seen prettier. Humans seemed to be of the opinion that their planet was by far the most beautiful one (not to mention the most intelligent) but Moxxi could safely say that it wasn't so. The humans really needed to get their space programme up to speed so they could visit some of those planets. Although knowing the human race, they'd just want to conquer everything if they discovered exotic new worlds. It was something she rather despised about humans.

She looked away from the street into the window display of a candy store and as she did, someone bumped into her. The next moment that someone was apologising and talking about they sky. "That's quite alright, sugar," she replied, turning to look at the stranger. "The sky indeed is very blue today and it's rather beautiful. Makes the trips out here so much nicer. Rainy Cardiff is not something I enjoy." She brushed her fringe away from her eyes as she studied the woman before her. The blonde's lack of shoes was something that was odd to Moxxi; who in their right mind avoided shoes in this weather? "What's your name, child?" she asked after a moment's pause.
The Queen of Hearts
The Queen of Hearts
Probie
Probie

£ : 9479

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 am

Morth stood up, she put on a childishly wide grin.

"I'm Mud, I think." Morth said, her own name didn't taste right. It was like it didn't belong to her, like she didn't deserve it. She far prefered Mud, although it was her first time introducing herself. So she wanted to do it right. Taking a dramatic stance, she threw her shoulders back.

"I am Mud," She paused, she wanted to introduce herself, like anyone else did. However, she realised. That was all she knew about herself, she was Mud. She started to add on to it, when she ruined the moment by hopping on one foot.

"OuchOuchOuch!" She hopped looking around for somewhere for her to not get her feet burned.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Queen of Hearts Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Moxxi's eyebrow raised just a fraction. Mud? That was her name? And what did she mean by she thought it was her name? The Time Lady studied the woman as she introduced herself. Or rather, tried to introduce herself. Maybe she's got amnesia or something, the Queen of Hearts thought, wondering what the best course of action would be. Definitely get her inside, Moxxi decided, watching as the blonde hopped up and down on on foot.

"C'mon, let's get you out of this heat. Your feet must be burned something wicked by now," she said, putting an arm around the woman's shoulders and steered her to the nearest down the street to the nearest cafe. "I'm the Queen of Hearts, if you're wondering. Now, how'd you come to be roaming Cardiff barefoot in such heat?" she asked, curiosity tingeing her tone.
The Queen of Hearts
The Queen of Hearts
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:12 am

Morth allowed herself to be steered, walking into the little cafe. The air was cold, and the place was air conditioned. The carpet was a relief from the hot sidewalk.

"Queen of Hearts huh? That was my favorite book, I think." Morth smiled, "Alice in Wonderland, I read all the books about it." Morth continued pleasently."I met a woman earlier who reminded me of The Cheshire Cat. Always speaking in cryptic answers and asking riddles." Morth rambled, then she relised that she had completely forgotten the other question.

"Oh! My feet." She looked down at her feet, wiggling her toes a little bit. Looking back up she smiled "I had never done it before, I had to try it at least once!" Morth explained, unaware how bafflingly insane she sounded

Back to top Go down

Post by The Queen of Hearts Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 pm

At the mention of the Alice books, a fond smile crossed Moxxi's lips as she remembered their author. Her dear Mr Carroll. The only person that Moxxi could say with full honesty that she truly loved. The only person ever capable of even making her feel that particular emotion. Maybe that was why she ran so often from him; she was afraid of the power that he unknowingly held over her.

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" she asked Mud, her green eyes twinkling. "Because there's a 'b' in both and 'n' in neither," she answered with a soft chuckle. It was not, of course, the traditional answer to the question (not that there even was an answer in the books) but she'd gotten this answer straight from Carroll's lips when she'd questioned him one night after another one of their reading sessions. The answer seemed just insane enough to work and the answer had stuck with her all these years. "The Hatter and Cheshire Cat were always my favourite," she admitted with a smile. "I really wanted to visit their tea party!"

Moxxi laughed, eyes sparkling at the blonde's answer. "Exactly! 'Try anything at least once', that's my motto. Well, no, that's not really my motto. But I am a firm believer of trying out new things. How're your feet? They must be burned to a crisp!" She looked away from her new acquaintance as a waitress came over to take their order. "A cherry Coke for me please. Now, are you a lemonade or a Coke kinda gal?" she asked, turning back to Morth.
The Queen of Hearts
The Queen of Hearts
Probie
Probie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Morth had heard of the riddle before, but she'd never heard the answer. She couldn't help but pause where she stood, contemplating the answer to the riddle. At first, her head spun. There wasn't a b in raven or writing desk! But then again, she decided. She must mean a b in both and a n in the word neither! She solved, just before she would have piped up stupidly, 'But there is no b in either, and there's a n in both!' She continued to be paused, as if she was frozen. Her eyes narrowing and her brain concentrating solely on the riddle.

"But.. It's the opposite!" Morth said, wide eyed at The Queen Of Hearts. Sitting down at the table, her head spun around the room with an amazed look on her face. At a mention of burnt feet she looked over with her wide grin.

"Just a bit, but it's not to bad!" Morth laughed, "I find that if I just ignore it, it doesn't bother me to much!" She explained, though... Now that she was thinking about it her feet did hurt something aweful.

When she was asked if she'd like cherry coke, or lemonade she stuck her tongue between her teeth. She hadn't ever tried either!

"Half of both." She decided, with her wide grin and childish eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down