The Adventure of the Blue Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Announcements!
"The Adventure Of The Blue Box" has shut its doors here and moved to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made Blue Box amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.
Affiliates

Member Sites

Sister Sites
Allonsy Alonso!Four Beats To Madness

Sites We <3

Skip The RewindTime, Space, & ChipsDevil on your ShoulderKeep the Magic SecretSotF

An End to a Good Thing// Remington Scott & Winter Mills

2 posters

Go down

An End to a Good Thing// Remington Scott & Winter Mills Empty An End to a Good Thing// Remington Scott & Winter Mills

Post by Natalia Barton Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 am

Natalia was worried about Remington, She had not heard from him in a week. This wasn't like him not to talk to her for a whole week. There was something wrong. She knew it. She knew Remington since he had been working at Torchwood. They were really good friends. For Remington he would say they were best friends. For her she was actually in love with him, but she wasn't going to ruin their best friends relationship by telling him how she felt.

Natalia left work with her medical bag in tote. She went over to Remington place. She used the key he had given her a while back. He had keys to her place as well for emergency. Everything was quite. She went to his bedroom, what she saw she didn't like. He was lying in bed wrapped in blankets. Before she touched him she ran the medical scanner over him.  It was then she realized he had a reaction to a device he uses.
"Remy, what did you do this time. You know better to use a device before you know the effect it will have on you afterwards." Natalia said quietly. Remington just gave her a look. He took out the device he use and pointed to the book on the table. Natalia move over and looked at the information.

There by the book was a sticky note with his cellphone. The sticky note had one name and number on it. Natalia picked his cellphone up and dialed the number. It rang a few times. Then someone picked. up.
"Winter, this is Natalia Barton. I am a friend of Remington. I need you to get over to his house right now. I need you to help me with something. He used a device before he knows what the after effect was. I have a feeling you know how to help him." Natalia said. She hoped this Winter would be able to help Remington. Natalia had a feeling this was his fiancee, who she had yet to meet.
Natalia Barton
Natalia Barton
Administrator

£ : 11677

Back to top Go down

An End to a Good Thing// Remington Scott & Winter Mills Empty Re: An End to a Good Thing// Remington Scott & Winter Mills

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:12 am

Winter was sitting on a tall tree branch, dangling her leg over the edge of the branch. Winter leaned against the trunk of the tree, swinging her foot back and forth as she hummed lightly to herself. Winter smiled, turning the newly carved arrow in her hand. Winter tied a crow's feather onto the end, making sure to keep it balanced. In her hand she held two hours worth of work. Winter's phone rang, it was Remington's ring tone. Winter dropped the arrow in her rush to answer it, the arrow bounced off of the branches on it's way down, and landed on the grass.

"Winter, this is Natalia Barton. I am a friend of Remington. I need you to get over to his house right now. I need you to help me with something. He used a device before he knows what the after effect was. I have a feeling you know how to help him." Winter frowned, unsatified and getting more and more disappointd with every word she spoke. Remington hadn't talked to her since their mission in Torchwood 6, where someone attempted to destroy their branch in 31 minutes precisely. She assumed she had offended him in some way, as she usually did. The problem with her words was that she stumbled over them so often, she didn't know how humans phrased certain sentences. And it drove those around her away.

"Yes, I shall assist. I assume he remains at the house?" Winter asked, not wanting an answer in the slightest. Why could natalia do, and solve what she could not? Winter hung up the phone with a growl, throwing it angrily into the distance. Winter stood on the branch, and roared into the sunset. She couldn't take such frustrations anymore! Winter closed her eyes, rubbing her forehead with her fingers quietly. Her angry roar fading with each echo. Winter shook her head firmly, she needed to help Remington. Not be a dramatic small child.

Winter jumped down from the branch, destroying any branch in her path with a well timed kick. Winter landed on the ground heavily, snapping the arrow beneath her foot. Winter took her vortex manipulator out of the leather pack she had left dangling on a branch. Using the manipulator she disappeared just as a large and thick branch speared where she had preciously stood.

Winter reappeared in the doorway of Remington's room, she didn't have her mouth coverings and really didn't care that Natalia would see them. Her Scotty Boy was in trouble, and Winter would come as summoned. She tilted her head at the lump of covers that supposedly was Remington. She furrowed her brow in confusion, pointing dismissivly at the blankets she turned to Natalia.

"Is that him..? Are you sure?" Winter asked, her Scotty Boy wasn't one to lie about, and do nothing all day long!

Back to top Go down

An End to a Good Thing// Remington Scott & Winter Mills Empty Re: An End to a Good Thing// Remington Scott & Winter Mills

Post by Natalia Barton Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Natalia was glad to see Winter who appeared not even five minutes after calling her. She could see why Remington was taken with her. She really did hope what she had saw and told Remington of didn't happen. She wanted to see her best friend happy. If she could change the outcome then she would. Everyone deserved to be happy.

"Yes, that's Remington. Not sure how long he has been like this. This isn't like him. I have a feeling what ever device he uses did this to him. I am not are what device it was, but I am sure you know what device it was and you might know how to fix it. " Natalia said to her.
Natalia Barton
Natalia Barton
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Remington Scott Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Remington could tell if he was cold or warm. Since he got home from the mishap from the alien who wanted to destroy Torchwood Six he had gotten in bed and stayed there. He didn't know how long it's been, but he felt safe and calm where he was. He didn't want to move. If he did he would hurt all over.

He woke up to the sound of Natalia. His best friend since he started to work at Torchwood. He was glad she was the one who found him. He then heard Winter's voice. He wasn't sure how Natalia knew to call Winter. He wasn't sure if it really was Winter or not.

His vision saw her, but his mind said she wasn't really there. She wasn't his anymore there wasn't anything he could do about it.

Remington knew Winter would never be ready to settle down He was glad he had the time with her that he did. If he didn't let her go then in the end he would lose her completely and that was what he didn't want to happen. He knew he was going to have to talk to her after this whole thing got figured out.

"I am right here you know." Remington crocked. He really didn't know what day or what time it was. All perception of reality was smashed together. "I know this isn't the best time to bring it up, but Winter I know your not ready to settled down with me. So I am letting you know right here and now I am setting you free to do as you please."

He stopped after saying that. This was going to hurt, but he had to ripped the band-aid off at some point why not now. If he did it now then Winter wouldn't have to feel like she had to save him. He had to start figuring things out by himself now. Winter wasn't in the equation anymore.

He could feel a little more of his life-force leaving him. He knew what it was going to do to him, and he knew that all he had to do was use the teleporter again with Winter and it would fix him.

Remington wasn't going to say anything, he just wanted to rest and not have to worry about anything anymore. He was now losing two woman he loved. He didn't want to risk his heart again for love. If they did figure it out. Then when he was better he would not risk his heart again. He was done with love.
Remington Scott
Remington Scott
Police Constable
Police Constable

£ : 12371

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:51 pm

Had he mistaken her for a pidgeon? Winter wondered hearing his little rant. Winter picked up the device from the bed stand and turned it in her hand. The thing was broken, it must have been broken when Scotty Boy had used it, which must be the reason why he was in bed all week. She would have to take it to their Torchwood Base. But, she didn't want to leave Remington once again. Winter sighed, bent down and scooped the man up in her arms. Cover and all, she lifted the man out of the bed. She couldn't see him in the slightest, he only looked like a pile of covers. Oh, she could practically see herself when she had fallen asleep beside him that night. Could nearly see an echo of herself up against him with a smile.

"Nice meeting you Natalia. Door is on the way out." Winter hinted for natalia to leave, and carried the man over to the door, opening it with her hand and balancing the man on one arm as she did so. Pushing the door open with a foot, she used both hands once again in carrying him. Just like how they had first met, when he had been carrying her and had helped her immensly. Winter pushed the front door open, and walked down the street as though nothing was the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia Barton Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Natalia watched she watched Winter pick Remington up and then headed out. She wasn't sure of where there were going, but a look from Remington said he was okay with her.
"Nice to meet you to Winter."Natalia said, as she watch him hold him with one arm. She was strong. She followed them out. They headed one way.Natalia turned and locked the door. Then she headed back home. She would call Remington later to make sure he was really okay.
Natalia Barton
Natalia Barton
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Remington Scott Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Remington heard what was going on around him, he was really waiting for  Winter answer which he never got. Instead he was picked up. He looked over at Natalia and told her with his eyes he would be fine with Winter. Then he settled back into his "home" for the past week. She was carrying him to Torchwood 6 with the device.

He could sense something was wrong. He needed to let Winter know he was settinge her free from him. He knew she wash;t the type to settle down, so it was best to let her go.
"I meant what I said." Remington said, as he waited for her reaction to what he said.
Remington Scott
Remington Scott
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:21 pm

"Did you really? I have a feeling you are being rather irrational at this time." Winter paused, pretending to become suddenly distracted by the scenery. She was quite the strange thing, walking down the streets carrying a blob of blankets and sheets. Upon another's eye, it certainly didn't appear that there was anything human hidden inside the cocoon. Winter wasn't domesticated, and she never would be. Remington's effects on her were not that extreme, he couldn't hope to change her in a day, to have her reveal every secret she had ever kept, and then toss her aside like a broken toy when she didn't! Winter looked to the ground, then up back at Scotty Boy with a hurt expression.

"I warned you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Remington Scott Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 pm

"No, I am not." Remington told her. He knew his chances with her were gone after this. He had been an idiot to ask her to marry him, when he knew she wasn't the kind of person who would ever settle down. Things were not going to be the same after this and he knew it.
"I know you warned me, but my heart got the best of me. Things aren't going to be the same are they?"
Remington closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to see how things were going to turn out. He knew she would eventually figure out the answer to the problem, but he didn't want to help to find the answer. Once she figure it out and fix it. Then the chapter with Winter would be over and he really didn't want the chapter with her to end. He had lost Vanessa and now he was losing Winter. He knew he was going to have to tie her up sooner or later. He just didn't want to face reality at the moment.
Remington Scott
Remington Scott
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Winter took a breath. Just closed her eyes, and took a long and deep breath. Bottling up the anger, the hurt, the sadness she pushed it all down deep. It would be a terrible day when it surfaced, as it only intensified the emotions when she kept it down. Her eyes went from openly hurt, to cold and aged. For once, Winter looked her own age in her gaze. She needed to be mature, and despite the hurt, she wasn't going to take it out on Scotty Boy.

"You deserve a human who loves you dearly. One that matches your humor, your confidence and your humanity. A human to spend the rest of your days with, who is not immortal and inhuman. I believe that the only way I can assist such a life style, so that you can have your 'happy ever after', with the happy wife, the bouncing children is for a clean break. I will assist you anytime you need me, however we are no longer dating, no longer to be wed. If we are to work together you need to understand that, we cannot be jealus of new loves, and above all cannot fawn over lost days. We work together in Torchwood, and I shall treat you as a friend and a collegue. I will remove my belongings from your house, and I wish you the best of luck when it comes to love." Winter kept her face cold, detached and kept the feelings buried.

She made her way into the torchwood base, not interested in the slightest in all of the defenses that had been set up. Winter found the device, and laid Scotty Boy onto a chair, still a mound of blankets. She took out a little screwdriver, pulled open the panel on the device and messed with it. Uncrossing wires, and repairing the device. A light green light came online, and Winter set the device on the mound of covers.

"Use that one more time, and it everything should fix itself. Oh, and a tip Scotty Boy! Women love a man in charge. Assert yourself, and you will become far more popular with human females!" Winter laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Remington Scott Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Remington listened to what she had to say. He was going to do his best to do as she said, but he wasn't sure how he would do it, but for her sake he would.
"A clean break would be best. Just being friends and colleague, got it. Not acting like a jealous ex-lover got it. Not thinking about the past about us..a hard as it may be I will not dewell on it. If you want to move out that is your choice and I will accept that.Thanks for the wish of luck when it deals with love." Remington said, as he realized it was truly over between he and Winter.

They were at Torchwood. Remington watched as she fixed the device all that needed to be done was using it. Winter gave him some advice. He listened to what she had said, but he didn't react to it. He wasn't going to change how he was. He loved the way he was and that wasn't going to change. "Let's get this over with."
Remington Scott
Remington Scott
Police Constable
Police Constable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 am

Winter was tempted to come over and kiss him, just one more time before calling it quits for good. But, she stopped herself and bit into her lip instead. No, he didn't want her anymore. And she wouldn't obsess over something lost to her. Whatever he said afterwards blended into a buzz, his words blurring together and the tone droning. She blinked and came back into reality and out of her time consuming thoughts.

"yes. Yes, of course." She chose the answer randomly, as it would fit into any situation. She repaired the teleporter, and handed it to him walking over to the mound of covers he had so lazily not come out of in the past week or so.

"Ready when you are, Remington Scott."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down